Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Invitations

I finally ordered the invitations last night. I think I about went cross-eyed looking for errors. Of course, I had my mom and J read over it as well.

Anyway, I absolutely love it: It's our colors, it's modern, it's elegant and indicative of the formality of the occasion.

Jay is creating the map/directions/reception card to slip into the envelope.

I have to order that danged embosser. The monogram is ready to be sent to the company.

Everything should be here in the next couple of weeks. In time for us to have a stuffing/embossing/stamping/writing party the weekend of one of my showers, April 15. The plan is to mail them on or around May 1.

Speaking of invitations, I got the invite to my Bed, Bath and Brunch Shower about a week ago. So fun! I can't wait--it's April 8! Is it crazy that I've already planned my outfit? Lots of cute sundresses and skirts-with-jean-jacket combos ready to be worn!

And about the honeymoon, I will post when it's actually booked. Still not there yet.

Oh...and a fun little trinket for me. Will wear this with my rehearsal dinner dress, maybe layered with another gold necklace. I have gotten more and more "into" gold-- I used to just wear sterling silver and white gold, but there is more and more interesting yellow gold jewelry on the market these days that is not too Mr. T or too country club.

Check out Satya Jewelry -- she has some really, really cool pieces. They are yoga-inspired, and though I don't practice, I'm very into the calm mindset it promotes. This is the message behind the pendant I got: A solitary lotus blossom is displayed in the pendant’s center. The lotus embodies infinite potential while maintaining perfect grace. A symbol for new beginnings, this lotus necklace is the perfect partner for gemstone or chain-link necklaces.
I think that new beginnings part is especially appropriate! How cool, huh?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love 'em , em! :) can't wait to hear details about where you're going for the honeymoon!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful invitations, Emily!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Hey - we got married on the 17th of June! AND we mailed our invites to arrive on May 1st, because that's May Day, one of my favorite little flowers for no reason other than it's the first of May day. Your invitations look wonderful!

10:23 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

You should TOTALLY become a wedding coordinator, Emily! Cuz your style is amazing... wish I would have known you 6 1/2 years ago!!! LOVE your invites, so awesome!! =)

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're beautiful! It's funny tho, when I was looking at invitations, I bookmarked that one to look at again! I'm going a different route tho :) By the way, totally gonna e-mail you about your gorgeous pics soon!

11:09 AM  
Blogger {Amanda} said...

GORGEOUS invitations Emily

you have SUCH style!!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous invites, Emily! And dang! My middle name is Faith too. Loved your Mr T comment :)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Love those invitations!!! :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I absolutely love the invites. Somehow they are both lighthearted and whimsical and yet supremely elegant. I think that is what you were going for and totally pulled off. Darling my dear! ;)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home