Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Showers

An April literally filled with showers. Bridal showers, that is.

We already have three showers lined up for Saturdays in April. Yippee! So excited and honored.

April 8 - Bed and Bath shower (my mom's friends from my hometown church)
April 15- Tools/Home/Gadgets (couples from hometown church; couples shower)
April 29- Stock the Kitchen/Bar (J's parents' best friends, a cocktail party-type affair)

So I guess that means we need to register at some stores. And finding time to do that on weekends is out of the question these days. So hopefully in the next week or two J and I can have fun scanning things in and creating registries.

One more thing: I think we have opted not to register at Target. Or at least, not register for very much. Apparently they are notorious on The Knot for having sucky customer service, limited return amount and policy, etc. How can this be? How can my haven, my mecca, be so rigid in the gifting department? They're so fantastically superior in so many other ways.

For sure, we're registering at:
Belk (dapartment store--for the china, mostly)
Bed, Bath, and Beyond
William-Sonoma (my chef-caliber fiance is salivating)
Home Depot

Oh yes, and for the record can I say that I so wish West Elm had a registry. Or that there was some non-tacky way to tell my everyone to buy us stuff from there ;) It is my favorite home catalog ever. I want to live in that catalog. It's modern, but with just the right touch of texture to make it homey. And it's affordable. Hopefully we can use some money post-wedding to order some stuff. (Honey, I love you, but your nice red plaid (Ralph Lauren, given to you by your grandmother) comforter won't be of much use with our new bedroom colors, mmmkay?)

Oh yeah... Our engagement photoshoot is this weekend!!! Yippee!!! The forecast for Raleigh is partly cloudy and 62*!!!!!! perfect! Now we all know weather is unpredicatable, so PLEASE say a prayer that it will indeed be nice. Can't wait to (hopefully!) share proofs!

By the way, does anyone actually read this, besides the 4-7 (wonderful!) people who usually comment? I guess I just have blog envy with the 9 and 13 and 19 comments that some of my fellow bloggers receive. Would love to see who lurks; please comment!

ETA: I have turned off the "registered users only" comment option (thanks Mel), and now anyone can comment! Hopefully this means more of you can leave me a note! try it, try it!

18 Comments:

Blogger darcy said...

Emily, we registered at Target and had great luck! They were very, very helpful and returns and exchanges went very well. =( I guess my advice to you is to register there, if you want to!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! now i can comment! :) no more random e-mails from me re: whatever i had to say. i'm sure you enjoyed those and everything, but... :)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you turned off the registered users thing! I read your blog about once a week or so. Love hearing all your wedding details! It sounds like it is going to be a such fabulous event Em!!!!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh AND I LOVE west elm! you have such good taste ;-D

4:20 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

3 showers?!
Wow! You are a lucky gal.
You'll get tons of stuff.

7:09 PM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

i read this! and your baseball blog too which has been very neglected lately! pitchers and catchers reported last week!!!!

i *love* that headboard on the bed on that catalog!

8:40 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

HEY!! WE REGISTERED AT TARGET, TOO, AND HAD NO PROBLEMS!! SEEMS LIKE FOREVER AGO THOUGH, 6 1/2 YEARS, SO THE CUST SERVICE MAY HAVE GOTTEN BAD???

LOOOOOOOOVE THE PICTURE OF THE ROOM, SO TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!!! =)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi hi hi!!! So fun to catch up on all the wedding plans- I am so excited for you guys! and yes, west elm is just amazing! Love it!!! ooo and all those showers... SO FUN!!!!!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love seeing all of your wedding planning ideas! Sounds like it will be an amazing day!

My DH and I registered at Target and didn't really have any problems - however, if you register for seasonal-type items, you or your guests may have trouble finding them later on... Enjoy the photo shoot this weekend :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

I'm here, I'm here!!!

LOVE that picture of the bedroom - must investigate that catalogue!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

I'm typically a lurker...I love all your pages on 2peas and then stumbled upon your blog, so I'm loving to hear all the fun details of your wedding...(which is looking like it is going to be GORGEOUS by the way :)...)

And thanks to the picture you posted, I will be recieving my first West Elm catalog in 7-10 business days :P

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I read, but you already knew that!!! I like that West Elm stuff- you and I have similar tastes in a lot of things! I can't wait til I have a house to decorate. Scott & I have home envy of our friends who can afford all that. Here in L.A... not yet ;(

I simply cannot wait to see your gorgeous engagement photos. I'll think good thoughts for the weather!!!! xo

6:56 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Ooh,I like West Elm!! I hope the photo shoot goes well!! Can't wait to see those!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Oh thank GOD now I can comment! I've been wanting to leave you comments forever. LOVE your engagement blog and I really enjoy keeping up with all your plans and festivities. Here's hoping the weather holds out for your photos!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

yay for april showers! :) i have never heard of west elm but am drooling all over their website as we speak! I hope your photo shoot goes fabulously and that your showers are even more fabulous :)

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read! I LOOOVE your blog! :) I always get excited when I read all the fun wedding details on your blog!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read, but I don't usually post!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I can finally leave you a comment! I was having the hardest time! ;) I read, even though I wasn't able to comment! LOL! I'm so excited for you! Love reading about your wedding preparations!! :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home