Thursday, February 09, 2006

Getting ready for my closeup....

Tomorrow is L-Day, LASIK day!

If all goes well, I will no longer require glasses--something I have worn religiously since age 9.

I am super freaking-out over here. I get so nervous about anything eye-related (hence I can't wear contacts). This is my eyes we're talking about. I get so worried about the unknown, the fluke. :) Plus they're going to do really gross things like, and I quote, "cleanse my eyelids". For that alone I need the valium :) Please say prayers for me if you will. The surgery is at 1pm EST Friday.

Something to keep you busy while I am gone. Please help me in my search for a pearl necklace. I want something (prefererably white gold, silver, silver-tone) that is tiered. Delicate. Less is more, but still there. Somewhat modern, nothing flowery. The neckline of my dress requires something that stretches horizontally rather than drops vertically. This picture is almost exactly what I want.

8 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

I'll say a little prayer for you. I want that surgery so bad, but like you said...It's your eyes. Scary..but you will be fine. =)

5:35 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Good luck tomorrow Em, you're in my thoughts. Isn't your surgeon one of the best around? Nothing to worry about. ;)

Deep breaths.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

oooh good luck with the surgery and with the necklace! I hope both go off without a hitch. My uncle had lasik a year or so ago and LOVED it. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! xo

11:53 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Good luck!!!

1:11 PM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

good luck emily!!! you're in prayers!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good luck Emily! I had the Lasik surgery done about 4 months ago - I totally agree with you - about it being your eyes - but it is sooooo worth it! I've worn glasses/contacts since 1st grade, so it has made such a difference! Can't wait to hear how you made out! Best of luck :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Nichole Duenke said...

i read this briefly when u first posted it & said a prayer for you!!! i hope all went fabulous!! you are gonna be a beautiful bride, miss emily!! so exciting!:)

1:00 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WILL DEFINITELY BE THINING OF YOU GIRL... MY BIL HAD THE SURGERY AND SAYS HE SEES THE WORLD SO DIFFERENTLY NOW!!! GOOD LUCK!!

AND THAT NECKLACE IS GORGEOUS!! I HOPE YOU FIND EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR! =)

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home