Updates....
Okay, so I took down my Santino post, since it's not wedding-related. I just was off on a Project Runway tangent. I just love that show :)
My sister came up for the weekend (or most of it, anyway!) and it was fun catching up and getting her more involved in the day-to-day wedding stuff. She is so stoked about everything, so she soaks it all up. She and I, a friend of hers from high school, and J all went to my favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner Friday and it was delish.
On Saturday morning, we took my wedding dress in to be fitted :) It was really cool seeing it pinned and tucked to reflect how it will actually look on me! As the seamstress was pinning the hem on the back side she said, "this is a Vera Wang, no?" I smiled and said yes! And my sister's mouth gaped open and she said "how can you tell that?" (Besides the fact that I knew the seamstress dealt with wedding dresses daily, and was even part owner of a bridal boutique)--She said "It's very well-made, good fabric, and the back (detail) is very Vera." Yay! My dress will be ready to try on Thursday, and if all fits well, she'll create the bustle!
From there, my sister and I headed to some local boutiques on a continued quest for my rehearsal dinner dress. The dress fairies (and not the shoe fairies, who hate me) continued to shine down on me--I found it! I wanted something very colorful and fun and festive to reflect the mood of the celebration. It's a beautiful aqua print silk dress by Plenty by Tracy Reese. Here is how one online retailer sums up the dress:
This dress is exceptionally feminine and elegant in every way. The flowing patterned silk dress has a soft floral print has v-neckline accented with mesh, copper colored metallic stitching, sequin and beading. The empire waisted dress has a 4” banding with pleating below banding. The sleeveless dress has back zip closure and gold ornament accents at bottom hem.
Please excuse the awful indoor lighting. My apartment is notorious.
I also found another dress by Helen Wang 50% off that I could not pass up. I couldn't not get it. It is the epitome of the sexy yet demure, elegant little black dress. It's this fluid taffeta cocktail number that commands attention--that fits just right. I absolutely love it.

Finally found shoes for the wedding ceremony. I am so not a Talbot's shopper (no offense, Mom!) but my mother found these great shoes online that sum up my preferences: small heel, metallic, summery, with straps of some sort of support. I got the gold slingbacks, third from the top. Unfortunately, they're back-ordered til March 21, so I'll have to wait a little longer. (I took some 2" heels into the seamstress to stand in for them).
My sister came up for the weekend (or most of it, anyway!) and it was fun catching up and getting her more involved in the day-to-day wedding stuff. She is so stoked about everything, so she soaks it all up. She and I, a friend of hers from high school, and J all went to my favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner Friday and it was delish.
On Saturday morning, we took my wedding dress in to be fitted :) It was really cool seeing it pinned and tucked to reflect how it will actually look on me! As the seamstress was pinning the hem on the back side she said, "this is a Vera Wang, no?" I smiled and said yes! And my sister's mouth gaped open and she said "how can you tell that?" (Besides the fact that I knew the seamstress dealt with wedding dresses daily, and was even part owner of a bridal boutique)--She said "It's very well-made, good fabric, and the back (detail) is very Vera." Yay! My dress will be ready to try on Thursday, and if all fits well, she'll create the bustle!
From there, my sister and I headed to some local boutiques on a continued quest for my rehearsal dinner dress. The dress fairies (and not the shoe fairies, who hate me) continued to shine down on me--I found it! I wanted something very colorful and fun and festive to reflect the mood of the celebration. It's a beautiful aqua print silk dress by Plenty by Tracy Reese. Here is how one online retailer sums up the dress:

This dress is exceptionally feminine and elegant in every way. The flowing patterned silk dress has a soft floral print has v-neckline accented with mesh, copper colored metallic stitching, sequin and beading. The empire waisted dress has a 4” banding with pleating below banding. The sleeveless dress has back zip closure and gold ornament accents at bottom hem.
Please excuse the awful indoor lighting. My apartment is notorious.
I also found another dress by Helen Wang 50% off that I could not pass up. I couldn't not get it. It is the epitome of the sexy yet demure, elegant little black dress. It's this fluid taffeta cocktail number that commands attention--that fits just right. I absolutely love it.

Finally found shoes for the wedding ceremony. I am so not a Talbot's shopper (no offense, Mom!) but my mother found these great shoes online that sum up my preferences: small heel, metallic, summery, with straps of some sort of support. I got the gold slingbacks, third from the top. Unfortunately, they're back-ordered til March 21, so I'll have to wait a little longer. (I took some 2" heels into the seamstress to stand in for them).


6 Comments:
I haven't miandered over here in awhile! You are getting SO much done for your big day! It's gunna be here before you know it.
Girl, you look HOT in that black dress! Holy cow!!
excellent finds!
WOW, THESE DRESSES ARE GORGEOUS, EMILY!! YOU HAVE AMAZING AND ELEGANT STYLE!!!! AND I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR WEDDING DRESS IS VERA WANG, WOW!!!!!!! =)
WOW! both dresses rock.. the blue one is just fun and flirty... perfect for the night before.. and that little black number.. well, you better pack it for the honeymoon!
make sure you take lots of pictures.. oh wait you totally are!
I so wished I took more of the happenings before!!
keep up the postings!
look at those dresses! fabulous!
How exciting to see this all! The dresses are gorgeous and that second one is like Hello! Woah hottie!!! ;) We need to go shopping together because I am the accessories, jewelry, shoes queen, but dresses I suck at, tops I suck at. I find nada!!!
So glad you got these three items and that its all coming together. They all seem perfect!!! xo
Post a Comment
<< Home