Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Finally..........

Found my necklace! It's classic, yet still modern and interesting. It's white gold with eight bezel set blue topaz and a freshwater pearl pendant.

Finally, FINALLY booked the DJ. I want you to visit their site. It is the most professional DJ site I have ever seen. All sorts of neat things like DJ profiles (helps you understand what kind of music they like to play, what tone they like to set), video testimonials, and a "create your song list" menu from which you can select your playlist and the DJ can monitor it ahead of time. I spoke with our DJ for about half an hour last Wed, and he seems like a great guy. Young. I told him we weren't going to be playing a lot of what I can "old fart" music. All the best motown, 80's, old skool RAP, top 40, J's punk and ska faves, etc. He gets it, I think.

Finally, FINALLY ordered the bridesmaid dresses. That is a huge thing to have behind me. The absolute latest that they should be here (per the manufacturer) is May 17, a full month before the wedding. I ordered from Net Bride, a great online store that is an authorized retailer of bridal gowns, yet they are able to offer deep discounts. No bridal salon markup. Hundreds (thousands?) of ladies at The Knot have had fantastic experiences with them, and to this point, my communication with them has been excellent. Remember I'll be putting a blue sash around the middle.

Next big thing: ordering the invitations...making up my darn mind! J has designed our monogram, and it's wicked cool.

May have more to write later.... :)

5 Comments:

Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

GORGEOUS necklace!!!!! are you getting excited??

7:48 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

OH, THAT NECKLACE IS GORGEOUS!!! SO HAPPY YOU FOUND ONE!! SOUNDS LIKE EVERYTHING IS COMING TOGETHER!!! YAY! =)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

gorgeous necklace! beautiful dress.
ugh the invitation.. so much goes into it and yet it often just makes its way to the circular file!
Do people know how we stress over them..(or how much they cost??!!)
for real!
cant wait to hear more!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

beautiful necklace, em! it's so fun to hear about all your plans and shopping excursions! :) and congrats on your surgery! how nice! :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Looooove that necklace!!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home