Monday, January 30, 2006

Shopping update...


So the shoe shopping was only semi-successful this weekend. I did find some awesome silver flats to wear to the reception (which I can totally wear again), but the perfect bridal shoe eludes me. Now, don't think I'm a masochist on pursuit for total perfection, but I also don't want to compromise. Everything I've seen in-store are 3" high! Is it okay that I don't want to be 8-feet tall on my wedding day? I guess I just don't understand the feminine pursuit of tallness.


Mom and I did have lots of luck dress shopping! She must have literally tried on twenty-five dresses that day, easily. I pushed her toward fabrics and cuts and colors she may not normally consider, just 'cause it's fun to open all the possibilities. However, for her Mother of the Bride dress, she found something blue, just as I knew she would. Blue looks stunning on my mother because she has awesome blue eyes. (Insert rant here about dominant genes and inheriting my dad's brown eyes). Just kidding!

We both also found some miscellaneous shower/cocktail dresses super-duper on sale! I got the fantastic green chiffon number over half off (sorry for the bad pics), and another Laundry by Shelli Segal dress for like 80% off! I am definitely going to be wearing these to a couple of the parties/showers and such in the coming months. Mom also her rehearsal dinner dress (which I love), and two other fun frocks on sale. It was a great day.

We also found our cocktail napkins for the reception. A really fun not-too-powdery, not-too-bright blue from Party City. We bought out all their stock (I read somewhere that you should allow 3-4 napkins per guest), so we'll need somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 packs of 50. That is going to be a freaking-lot of embossing but I don't care :) Our napkins are going to rock the house. J's still working on finding the right font for our monogram, which we'll use as much as possible for cohesiveness.

Another thing I'm stoked about: I read in one of our local

weeklies about a program called Fit to Be Wed.
One of the local gyms offers a special 12-week personal training program especially for brides. This could so be the kick in the butt I need to tone up. I really need someone to listen to my goals, assess my body, and determine a good regime for me. They meet with you twice a week for half an hour, and you do a mix of cardio and weight training. They also allow you to use all of the exercise equipment in studio, so they expect you to come earlier or stay later than your session time to get in more cardio.

I have an appointment with the founder/one of the trainers on Thursday--I'll let you know how it goes. If I commit to it, I'll probably start around the end of March, leading up to the week before the wedding.

I think that's all for now. Everything is shaping up pretty well I think!

6 Comments:

Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WOW, EM, SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME SHOPPING DAY! LOVE THE PICS, EVERYTHING IS SO PRETTY!!!

AND WOO-HOO ON THE TRAINER, HOW AWESOME IS THAT? I'M ACTUALLY CONSIDERING GETTING ONE FOR MYSELF... NEED TO TONE UP FOR THE SUMMER!! GETTIN A LITTLE PUDGY OVER HERE, =D

12:21 PM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

good luck with the gym!

i want to go shopping with you... it would be sooo much fun. we could buy clothes and talk baseball!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I LOVE both of those dresses- the cuts and color- and those shoes!!!! Those are all gorgeous and the shoes are most definitely wearable again and again. I love high heels with jeans 'cause it just makes my body look better, but in skirts and dresses I don't think a high heel is always the best, PLUS on your wedding day- on your feet all day- comfort is key. And yes, you'll find something ;)

9:48 PM  
Blogger gabbyfek said...

CAH-UTE.....
love it all....
the shoes, the dresses, the napkins...
bring the embosser when you come at the end of the month and i'll give your hand a break for awhile... :)
xox,
g

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

LOVE those dresses, the shoes, and what a FUN gym program. Wish I could have had somethin like that! too cool! keep us updated :)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

you have Fabulous taste in shoes..
I admit I am a shoewhore too!
you can suffer comfort (for a littl while) for fashion!
Love that trainer deal... how cool is that? good luck!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home