Monday, December 26, 2005

Sad News



My grandmother passed away on Tuesday, December 20. Thank you to all of you who provided "e-support" for me, as well as my family and friends from home. It was really, really tough. But it was the toughest on my grandfather, of course--they had been married 60 years! Rather than concentrating on the sad times--and gosh, how I will so passionately miss her, her warmth, her generosity, just being with her--I will try and focus on the many happy memories. As I wrote in an email to friends this past week:

You also may or may not know that it was her, and my grandfather, who got me so hooked on baseball. We always discussed games, plays, and players. Her artistic talents were also unmatchable--no one could decorate a table, create a floral arrangement, paint a knick knack, or craft a holiday theme like she could. I would like to think my scrapbooking and crafting talents came straight from her.

And so, in honor of my Granny, here is a simple layout I posted on 2Ps (inspired by Wendy Bretz), about me and my Granny (photo taken this past Easter). Her love for my sister and me- her only grandchildren-was so tangible, so real, so fervent, so beautiful. I love and miss you, Granny. I know you're keeping the angels company.

3 Comments:

Blogger darcy said...

Oh Emily, this is the first I have heard about your g'ma. I am so incredibly sorry.

The timing of all this probably wasn't ideal with being around the holiday's.. even though no time is the ideal time. I pray you and your family are doing well.

I hope you can feel my love all the way from Indiana!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

I'm still thinking about you and your family over this difficult holiday season. My grandfather loved baseball too, and I have lots of memories of watching Blue Jays games with him at the cottage. How nice that you were able to share that with her!

3:12 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

OH EMILY, I AM SOOO SO VERY SORRY... I WAS SO SAD WHEN I READ THIS ON THE PUB... HARD TO FIND THE RIGHT WORDS, JUST KNOW I KNOW THE STING OF PAIN AND IT'S NOT EASY... BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES... AND KNOW YOU HAVE MANY FRIENDS THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home