Happy 2006...

I'm getting married this year!
Oh crap, I still have so much to do, LOL! I actually made a note in the tiny notepad I carry around with me: TIME TO GET SERIOUS. I need to get cranking on a lot of stuff, so I started making appointments. Here's what's on the docket:
Ordered a few sample invitations today from two awesome sites, einvite.com and mygatsby.com. Their modern invitations rock. Have it narrowed down to two, but I need to see the color and cardstock in person to solidify my decision.
Jan 8: 1:30 p.m. Meet with the florist, talk about color scheme, go over my ideas, use his expertise to translate into something fabulous. Really concentrating on the reception.
Jan 14: 9:30 a.m. Meet with caterer to decide on the hors doeuvres for the reception (no sit down dinner, we want to keep people mingling and dancing). Find out how much it will cost to feed 400 people, and decide if we need to pare down the guest list. :) By the way, my sister's fabulous restauranteur boyfriend is going to get us all of our wine and beer at cost, and has even offered to buy back the cases of wines we don't open. How cool is that?
Feb 13: Regular dental checkup, but will make appt for Teeth Whitening before Big Day!
Feb 25: 2:30 p.m. Engagement Photo Shoot. Yes, it's a little late in the engagement, but I wanted to wait and have it done after my LASIK surgery. We'll be able to get it in the papers and still have four months til the wedding. No biggie! We're shooting it outside in Raleigh, and going for an urban-chic feel. You can see by the photos kind of what I'm thinking. (of course, we'll do headshots and stuff, too).
Growing out my hair a little, too--just trying to get it all the same length. I can never wear it long, however. You people have no idea how little hair I have. It just looks stringy long, believe me. I'd like to do some sort of sharp bob for the wedding, a la:

Also...LOVED Miranda's hair in Season 6 of Sex and the City:


8 Comments:
Happy New Year!! I know what you mean about cracking down...I'm getting married this year too in July and I still have tons of stuff to do!!
I love that you aren't doing a sit-down dinner!!!! Scott & I were watching Wedding Crashers tonight and I seriously said, "I don't like dinners at receptions. It makes everyone sit and calm down and then after they are just full and tired and ready to go home!" I love that you guys are gonna keep the party going! ;)
Happy New Year and good luck with all your wedding plans- I love the feel of those pictures and know yours will be gorgeous!!! xo
How exciting! Those pictures you've picked are gorgeous- looking forward to seeing yours!
How fun that your wedding is approaching!! Awesome plans, sounds like it will be amazing!!! (400 people?!?! HOLY COW girl!)
Congrats on the upcoming LASIK surgery, my BIL had it and says it's a whole new world! I can't wait to see the engagement pics! =)
you are gettin it done, girlie!! i think you'd look way cool in a miranda-ish hairstyle :)
girl, you are on the ball! :) your note-to-self cracked me up...time to get serious! :) can't wait to hear about all your appointments and such...and love the new 'do! you'll look amazing - as usual! :)
i looooooooooooooove those photos...
i am so coming and watching the engagement shoot. and taking notes... don't mind me, i won't be conspicuous at all, i promise.
and i think that miranda's haircut would be PERFECT on you.
oh yes i do...
when does vron start again so we can chat again?!?!?
xoxoxo,
g
Can I tell you how much my friends and I LOVE the Miranda season 6 hairstyle. That would look so pretty on you! Fun stuff!
Post a Comment
<< Home