Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Gifts from Gab...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since one of the gifts is wedding related (she actually brought me three Martha Stewart wedding magazines, all lovingly earmarked), this definitely applies to my blog!

I had the pleasure of meeting supersweet Gabby last night. And April, another awesome pea. And Gabby's husband and two of his friends. We had a good time chowing down at Rock Bottom's last night, but if it didn't take forever the food to get there! Poor April was wilting away without her nachos. Anyway, it was fun to meet great people!

And YES, Veronica Mars is smarter than me!!!! Can I get another BEST SHOW EVER?!??!

Funny, random, small-world story. During our dinner conversation last night, where Gabby's husband Mike mentions something about Coe College (enrollment: 1100ish) and the soccer team. I say, "whoa, Coe College. I did a semester exchange to Iowa State my junior year (1998), and my roommate was a transfer from Coe, and she played soccer there." And Mike asks how old she is (26) and what her name was, and I say "Melissa San..." "...telli," Mike finishes. They totally knew who she was, when she played, and who her best friend was! How small-world is that??? Sadly, I haven't talked to Mel in a few years but maybe their "Coe Rolodex" friend knows what she's doing now.

4 Comments:

Blogger J and D said...

what a sweet gift!

5:10 PM  
Blogger gabbyfek said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!
i was SO thrilled to meet you, my dear em... and so happy you like your gifties... you're probably giggling at all my earmarked pages! tee hee hee...
LOVED hearing about your wedding. it is going to be so gorgeous, my dear...
now next time we see each other, there better be more time for hanging out and scrap shopping and/or scrapping...
:)
xox,
g

8:11 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Ohhh, I am soooo very jealous you got to meet THE GABSTER =) I bet you all had such a blast!! And I want to see pics!!!!!

Definitely a small world... I always say "6 degrees of separation" -- there really is and it's just mind-boggling w/all the millions of people in the world!

Awesome t-shirt, hee hee!! And great magazines... I admit I am a Martha fan, her stuff is amazingly gorgeous and completely stunning! As I'm sure your wedding will be!

If I don't talk to you, have a WONDERFUL, HAPPY and very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

So cool that you got to meet other peas!! You girls must've had tones of fun!! Love your blog, especially all the wedding stuff, I'm getting married in July. Love the info!!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home