This weekend...

Didn't really do anything wedding-related this weekend, unless you count me re-reading Jo Gartin Weddings for the umpteenth time. J and I did go out Friday night--dinner at the best Italian restaurant on the planet, and we saw heartbreakingly beautiful Brokeback Mountain.
Otherwise...it was a really low-key weekend, filled with scrapbooking (I got three pages done!), watching movies (Drumline and The Goonies were on), and watching the unfortunate loss of the Panthers last night. Steve Smith is still the man, though. A cute, pocket-sized, kick your a**, triple-crown winning kind of man.
We got our first piece of "engagement press" as our names ran (along with other engaged couples') in an ad for the place where we registered for china, in my hometown's local paper. Only they mispelled J's last name. Mom dropped by to ensure they get it right the next time they run it (usually weekly up until the Big Day).
Spring shoes and clothing are finally starting to filter into stores. Still on the lookout for cute kitten heels to wear with my dress. After my mom and sister see the dress, I'll be making an appointment with the local highly-revered seamstress to have it altered and fitted (all Vera Wang samples are 10s (street size 6) and I need a size 8 (street size 4). )
In Style Weddings is airing its (bi-?)annual Celebrity Weddings special on January 30. Should be an entertaining show. I really, really want this book, but not sure I can justify yet another book of ideas. Especially since I've already planned the theme and style of my wedding, and am in the execution stages. I just like reading about weddings.
Finally, you can see one of my Scrapworks DT contest layouts, since it's appropriate to this blog and because the 2Peas Gallery isn't WORKING!!!! *stamps feet impatiently*
Have a great week.


4 Comments:
seriously, what is up with dress designers? don't they know that their crazy, messed up sizes don't make us feel good about ourselves? mine did not make me feel good about MYSELF! i'm sure your dress is beautiful and can't wait to see a pic of you in it on your big day :)
actually, from what I understand, today's street clothes are "vanity sized" and wedding dress sizing has not changed since the days of Marilyn Monroe and the 1950s. Ya know how everyone says Marilyn Monroe was a "12" or "14"? Well, in today's vanity sizing she'd be a 6 or an 8. That's why thrift store and vintage clothing is so 'oddly' sized--the sizing has shrunk over time :)
You are right.. if you get that book now you may start changing your mind about things.. or just keep adding to your list of projects. =)
Love the LO! Saw it on 2Peas and commented. =)
Hey Emily!! I watched the Goonies too, ha ha, love that movie!!!!
I remember planning for my wedding how stressful it was; and I didn't read that many magazines -- we got married 3 months later... eek! But it was nice and small and intimate, wouldn't go back and change a thing. Yours sounds soooooo beautiful!!! I can't wait til the big day so you can post lots and lots of pictures!!!!! YAY!! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home