Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Channeling Carrie Bradshaw...

You know those women who looo-oooove shoes? Heels, especially--the higher the better. The women who can't name a favorite pair of shoes for fear of hurting the other shoes' feelings.

Yeah, that's not me. I probably have about the most boring shoe wardrobe imaginable because if they're not comfortable, I flat out refuse to wear them. My heels are mostly kitten heels, no taller than 2 or 2.5 inches at most.

Now I'm 5'5" and a half, so I'm not suffering horizontally. A little two inch heel and I'm over 5'7". No big deal. Jay's 5'9" and a half.

I haven't been able to find the perfect wedding shoes just yet. Kitten heels are a must. (And I very well may change out of them when I get to the reception. I also read that some sort of strap (as opposed to a slip-on) is a must so I don't walk out of them or lose my footing. That brides need support around the ankle/heel :)

I love these Nina shoes (available in silver, gold, taupe and black), but the heel is 3" and I'm being a baby about it. I tried them on, and they're not very comfortable. Very elegant though.














What do we think about this jewel of shoe? Very feisty and fun, and I could definitely wear them again. On sale at Urban Outfitters, in cranberry and silver. Even though they're 3" tall, the chunkier heel will aid in comfort. They look like salsa dancing shoes to me. In a good way!

My mom is coming to see me this weekend, and we'll be on a shoe hunt. I need to have them by the time I begin the dress alterations process (Feb 4).

Would love to hear your feedback.

4 Comments:

Blogger gabbyfek said...

kindred spirits we are.
i HATE uncomfortable shoes.
i should send you my wedding shoes...
altho-- i'm LOVING those fun silver ones... oh so much...
xox,
g

8:10 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

I'm not help - totally not a shoe person!!! I wore flats at my wedding!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I say to not stress about the shoes and go more for comfort over style. I LOVE high heels and can walk around all night in 4" pointy toed pumps with no problem. But your wedding? So much time on the feet! Walking! Dancing! I'm so going kitten heel or (if I marry Scott!) flats! You can always wear something gorgeous at the ceremony and for pictures then slip into flats- pretty ones or flip flops- afterwards?!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I like the first ones better, but they def'ly do not look comfy. eek. what a dilema. I hope this weekend you find some shorter, yet cute and elegant, heels :)

ps--where are u going on the honeymoon?

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home