Party all the Time




Okay, so lots of pictures in this post, so enjoy! We had an absolutely fantastic time at the Stock the Kitchen/Bar party on Saturday night. About 50 wonderful friends and family came to celebrate with us-- so many great people drove in from around the state (and even out-of-state) to be there. It was so warm, so fun, so enjoyable--lots of delicious food and wine and great conversation. We arrived at around 7 and had people sticking around after 11:30--it was great.

And we had such great
hosts! If you're readin
g, J and I cannot thank you enough for organizing the coolest soiree ever! One of our hosts has the most beautiful home, perfect for parties. And he even set up a slideshow of pictures of J and I to run on the TV-- baby pictures, pictures from when J and I first met, pictures from our courtship, engagement pictures, etc. Loved, loved that!And the presents! Such generosity! I feel like a real grown-up now with a kitchen full of matching cookware, top-notch appliances, and some nice spirits and things for Jay (most of you know, I don't drink except for a glass of champagne in the spirit).
Wow, I'm getting married next month! I can truly say that! So exciting.



I also want to thank my friend, the Notorious GIB, who came all the way from DC to be with us, who took all of these photos (and about 50 more) at my request while J and I were enjoying the party. Thanks, you rock!
By the way, my computer is not dead!!! My genius fiance pieced it back together with a spare power supply and video card he had "on hand". He swears it's nothing, but anyone who can put computers together is cool in my book!
***Also, attempting to get on the blog video bandwagon. Since my digital camera can record short vids, I thought I would share one. It's pretty dark (indoor lighting) and kind of far away, but I thought you might like seeing us in "live action" at the party. FYI...we open one of my favorite gifts: An iced tea maker (yippee!), and then Jay "opens" a bottle of Maker's Mark which he's stoked about (you'll hear Jay thank the giver by yelling "Andrewwwwwwwwwwww!)"***


6 Comments:
Oh my gosh it is getting so close! I am so happy it was such a great party. And that photo of you- wowza! You are one hot lil tamale ;)
Awww Em, you look so cute. I'm glad I got to see the pictures.
you look GORGEOUS, sweetheart!
strike that
you just simply ARE gorgeous...
getting SO excited for you...
xoxo,
g
Wow, sounds like everything went wonderfully, LOVE your dress - you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!
SO excited for you that the wedding is NEXT MONTH!!!!! =)
That is so cool Emily - looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
Oh my gosh, next month already??? WOW, it's gone by fast!!!
Gosh, they know how to throw a party!! You looked SO pretty!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home