Bed and Bath shower




The Bed and Bath Brunch was divine! I felt so special and honored by many lovely people. We had a delicious meal of quiche, heavenly Morning Glory muffins, and a bed of fruit.
I received many wonderful gifts: several sets of towels as well as some not-particularly Bed and Bath items (rockin' coffee maker, 6-side grater and metal colanders) that I loved just as much. My mom & dad got us the monogrammed sheet set from West Elm--love it!
Also met with our pastor/officiant this weekend. He had been our pastor for over 16 years; since I was in 6th grade. Words cannot express how great of a teacher, and how kind and funny of a person he is. He left our church to take a director position at the state convention, and he is very missed. He's as definite and necessary a part of our ceremony as anything. We went over the ceremony; I kind of indicated ways that I wanted to make it more personal, what scripture I wanted read (beyond the traditional Love is Patient), the particulars of the vows, and the flow of the ceremony. Then, when J and I visit again this weekend, he'll have the ceremony ready for us to look over. We'll also be doing some counseling with him.
Also, my veil came in!!! I ordered it off Ebay. There are several great veil boutiques on Ebay, many highly recommended from TheKnot.com. It cost $25. There is no reason on earth to pay the $200 they want in bridal salons for tulle!


9 Comments:
So glad you had a nice time, Em! Sounds like you and Jay got a bunch of nice things. That's so great that your pastor is going to marry you! Oh, and I bought my veil off of ebay, too! I think it cost just about $25 as well! ;)
How fun!! Looks like you had a great time! And I LOVE that monogrammed pillow case/ or towel or whatever that is. It looks so cool!
your shower sounds great and you looked beautiful!!
ooooh, so diggin' the west elm sheets. i drool over that monogram style every time. :)
look like a beautiful shower! :) thanks for sharing the pics!
YAY for your shower going well - you look BEAUTIFUL, I love that dress!!!
Cannot believe how much they wanted for that veil, wow!
And just saw pics of where you will be honeymooning --- wow, draw dropping gorgeous!!!!! =)
sounds like so much fun! what great friends and family you have!
looks like a beautiful shower, Em! :) and can I say...you have great style? I love your dress/blouse :)
you look gorgeous!!
Post a Comment
<< Home