Monday, April 24, 2006

Bad News...

Apparently, my home computer is kaput.

When I got home last night after being away for the weekend, I turned on my computer...and then 10 minutes later, it just shut off. I kept restarting, and same thing, it would just shut down.

J (who is techno-savvy) thought it might be the video card, and our friend Gibson (who has a Masters degree in Computer Science) convinced me that the symptoms were not indicative of a virus. It's apparently some sort of hardware issue, that even if it could be fixed, isn't worth doing of course because computers are so cheap these days.

The good news is, my hard drive was rescued and according to J everything is still on there and intact (I backed up my pictures a few months back, so I was thankful about that).

Can I add a computer to the wedding registry?!? ;)

I'll still be able to post...look for my promised photos in the next couple of days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why I haven't heard back from you, girl! I emailed you last week about CKU--just wondering if you're gonna register and if so, for what , etc--really unimportant stuff compared to what's on your plate--haha! Hope your computer gets fixed QUICKLY--I would die if my computer died! lol

12:40 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Sure you can add a computer to your registry!!! maybe someone will feel very generous. =) I haven't visited your site in awhile to see the wedding happenings!! Glad to get caught up. =)

1:32 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Aw, that's a bummer!!! I agree w/Darcy, why not add a computer on?! It's something you both need! Hope all goes well, girl! =)

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home