Bridesmaids' Weekend
I had an absolutely awesome, fun, hilarious time with my bridesmaids this weekend at the beach. Seriously, my sister went above and beyond in her planning (more details and pictures below) with assistance from my best friend Amie, and the girls just made me feel like a queen all weekend. I was just blown away! I got the cutest "Miss Batchelorette" sash and "Bride to Be" flashing button to mark my status :)It rained torrentially most of the way there (we're talking 35mph, flashers on, back roads) so we were mighty tense when we g
ot there (esp. my sis, who drove). We stayed up talking and catching up--and my sister gave out goodie bags to all the bridesmaids with sunblock, nail files, a water bottle, etc. She thought of everything!We were decidedly worried about what the weather might be like the next day, but I was SURE it was going to improve. And it did! We had the most GLORIOUS 80+ degree day, bright blue skies, glimmering ocean--with 6 girls horizontal on the sand listening to the waves. It was perfect, truly perfect. Lots of conversations about memories, marriages, and
the future. Great times.The shower was great! The girls blocked off an area of the lobby with balloons, and set up a table of gourmet goodies to die for. My sister had brought chicken salad, cajun crab dip, pimento cheese, and smoked salmon dip--with homemade pita chips and wheat thins. Plus pa
sta salad,
strawberries, gourmet cupcakes from my future SIL, champagne--the works. It was all delectable. We played several games that, yes, everyone enjoyed--especially the Q&A kind like who knows Emily best (Cindy, my f
riend from high school), and a game where they asked Jay questions (what was the first movie you saw together? what is Emily's favorite piece of clothing) etc and then asked ME what I thought he said. For every question I got wrong, I had to chew another piece of bubbalicious.
Gah! I also got some absolutely gorgeous lingerie--woohoo! :)That night, we had a fantastic dinner at The Oceanic, a great place with panoramic views of the ocean. We had asked for a good table, and a good table we got--a corner, fron
t row, circular table! I had Super Duper Grouper: Pan-seared in a crust of cashew nuts and sesame seeds, served over celery mashed potatoes with roasted red pepper butter.
I also had a bowl of she-crab 
soup, a coastal delicacy, and plenty of hushpuppies!It was just a fantastic weekend--even though some of the girls had not spent much time together prior, everyone fell right in like they'd known each other for years. I wish we had an entire week together.

Big hugs and thanks to my sister for putting everything together so beautifully. I love you!


15 Comments:
So glad you all had a great time! Love those pictures!! It definitely sounded like your sister had it all planned out perfectly! So happy and excited for you! :)
sounds ultra-fabulous! glad you enjoyed yourselves and the weather cooperated. :)
Ohhhh my gosh, love the pictures, Emily!! Looks gorgeous and fun and so awesome!! Glad you had fun and the weather was warm and sunny!! Your sister sounds amazing and super sweet!!! =)
What an amazing event! Such a nice break during all the wedding stress, I'm sure!
WHAT a weekend - lucky you!! The pictures look incredible. I'm glad everyone's spoiling you Em!!
Luccckkky! (said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice):)
this sounds awesome, emily! what a great weekend - and beautiful weather! :) and how sweet of your sis for putting it all together for you! :)
So hoappy and excited for you!!! It will be here before you know it.
This looks like SO much fun! So happy that you got a fabulous weekend to relax and have fun!!
it looks like you had a fabulous time!! what fun! and the pics are great.
i LOVE hushpuppies!!!!
Ooooh, sounds like an awesome weekend! And she even had pimiento cheese... she knows how to do it RIGHT! :) Sounds like great food.
Okay, you officially had the coolest bachelorette WEEKEND I've ever heard of!!! SO FUN!!! The big date is coming up, isn't it?? How excited are you????
HOODOO!!!
Sounds awesome Emily! Love the pictures - it was absolutely beautiful there!
1. I am so glad you had an outstanding weekend.
2. I am super jealous that you have ALREADY been on the beach this year.
3. I am even more jealous of your way cool bridesmaids weekend. Guess thats what I get for gettin' hitched at the last minute eh? hehe :)
the countdown is on chica!!! yay!
Post a Comment
<< Home