Wednesday, December 14, 2005

More Ideas...

I am sorry I've been such a bad blogger. I'm really excited about the wedding, but some of my happiness about the festivities and the holiday season have been dampened because my grandmother, whom I am super close with, has been very, very ill in the hospital. I would appreciate your prayers for her. Thank you.

I'll start by posting some more ideas I've taken as my own.

We're doing a tiered program, an idea I first saw in In Style Weddings and immediately wanted to do. The idea I saw had a couple of colors for the different tabs, which I'd like to do if it's cost-effective.

We'll only have three tiers: The Wedding Party, The Ceremony, From the Bride & Groom. We'll have our custom monogram either printed on the front or embossed (I haven't forgotten my embosser, see!)...but likely the former b/c it will be bigger.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Speaking of programs, I really need to delve into my Bible concordance and find some verses/passages on LOVE, both for the ceremony and to print on the program somewhere. I would appreciate any recommendations--I am looking to avoid the traditional "Love is patient, love is kind..." verses that are read at EVERY wedding. As you know, I am trying to make ours unique. I'll probably look more into Song of Solomon as well as Psalms. ("I have found the one my soul loves," Song of Soloman 3:4 is a good one).

This is the best representation of the "look" I want for the Bridesmaid Dresses:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rather than a tight ribbon, I'd like a fluid chiffon-esque sash. I absolutely adore these dresses--this is the original dress that I fell in love with in In Style two or three years ago (the pic in the mag was of course espresso dress and blue sash). However, they're made by Thread, a designer bridesmaid dress company (did you know there was such a thing? oh yes, Jenny Yoo, Vera Wang, etc all make designer bridesmaid dresses). Anyway, they cost $265 bucks a piece, which makes me a little uncomfortable to ask my maids to pay.

So I'll probably go with the cheaper After Six bridesmaid dress, and add the chiffon sash myself.

Scouring online sites as well as TJ Maxx for NON-GHETTO, modern Guest Books. Do they exist? I'm looking for something in our colors...not some quilted, white lace-bound horror. These are about the cutest I've found--but it doesn't come in dark brown.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Actually, a bound guest book will be secondary to our AWESOME, AMAZING, CREATIVE idea for a main guest book. It will remain secret for a while, but trust me, it is awesome. I will reveal it later on...
That's about all for now. Hope your holidays are going well!

4 Comments:

Blogger J and D said...

Emily - I'm so sorry to hear about my grandmother! We recently found out that my granny has lung cancer, so I know what you're going through. I was very lucky she was able to make it to my wedding last summer, though my grandfather wasn't able to travel (he passed away in October). My thoughts are with your family.

We ended up doing a guest book platter which we painted at a pottery place and then everyone sigend. We could get away with that because we had a small-ish wedding.

8:51 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Emily-

I thought I'd share the verse we used at our wedding.. Song of Solomon 3:11.. "On the day of their wedding, the day their hearts rejoiced" We tweeked it a tad. =) But a few people gave us gifts with that verse on it! Very cool! GOOD LUCK.. and I hope your g'ma gets better.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I always liked John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I luv those programs and hope you're able to swing them!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home