Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Colors


Well, the next big step is getting the guest list number down, roughly. It is my hope to have that by Thanksgiving or at least the end of the month. After which I can contact the caterer we've booked and the lady we'd like to do the wedding cake. The reception is the biggest expense of any wedding, and until we get the rough # I have no idea how much it will end up costing. Which as you can guess affects the other areas of planning as well. I don't know how much I can allocate where until the catering stuff is taken care of.

I guess I could also tell you our colors. We're doing espresso, robin's egg blue, and cream. (See left) The blue will be in smaller touches, and in the bouquets...the flowers in the wedding will be blues and periwinkles and whatever else the florist can weave in. He just knows I love blue (and brown).

The bridesmaids dresses, the impetus for the entire color scheme and based on a picture I saw in In Style a few years ago, are espresso brown, organza, tea-length, with blue sashes.

I didn't want my bridesmaids wearing shiny cheap satin (not flattering) nor looking like big pastel Easter eggs. I think brown is so chic. Here is the dress I've all but decided on (see below):

...except both layers will be espresso to give a deep, dark tone and I'll switch out the ribbon sashes with whatever ribbon color I find at Michael's. They're simple, strapless, flattering tea-length A-lines:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

Blogger J and D said...

i LOVE your colours! just gorgeous!

5:14 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Love, love, love the bridesmaid dress.. and those colours are so elegant. Truly.

9:18 PM  
Blogger gabbyfek said...

SOOOOOOOOO gorgeous...
wow....
perfect colors, elegant dresses...
your wedding is going to be incredible...
xo,
g

11:01 PM  
Blogger {Amanda} said...

GORGEOUS and so elegant!!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Those dresses are very very pretty!!! I love that length and the color and everything
:)

11:49 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE your colors!!!!!!!!! The brown dresses are a fabulous idea!!!! Your wedding is going to be so gorgeous, Em!!!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Nichole Duenke said...

so, i *heart* your colors [love that touch o' green now too!] wayy cute! your wedding is just going to be beeeatiful, girlie! love those dresses [wanted the tea length for my girls too, but didn't think it's work quite as nice in octiber! heee!] we DEFINITELY need to talk wedding!! seriously! :) so glad ya have this blog..i love it! :) enjoy your week!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Nichole Duenke said...

argh! i sooo meant orange!! i think the image of the green dress was stuck in my head for my original post! DOH! *lol* sorry aboutthat! ha. anywho..love the touch of ORANGE in your colors now too! *grin*

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home