Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Toddler Meals :: BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza

I've been sharing what my 15 month old, Parker, eats via Twitter (#toddlermeals) so I am thrilled to join Brittany in her link up!

Quick and convenient foods are the theme this week, and honestly, something I rely on quite often. For dinner Wednesday, I made Parker a BBQ Chicken Pita pizza, and it was super easy. I started with leftover grilled chicken from the night before - often I just chop it up and give it to Parker warmed up, but sometimes he seems to be a bit bored with that. So this time, I took a 6" pita from Trader Joe's, smeared it with a bit of olive oil, slathered it with bottled BBQ sauce, topped it with mozzarella and diced chicken. I put it under the broiler for 3-4 minutes and voila! It looked and smelled delicious - I wanted it for myself!















I paired it with frozen veggies from Trader Joe's (carrots, peas, corn and cauliflower). Frozen veggies, especially the steam in a bag kind, are staples in our house. Not only are they super convenient, but from what I've read can often be more nutrient-dense than those that travel cross-country because of how they're flash frozen. For this meal, Parker had Vegetable Melange:

















The verdict? He LOVED it - he ate it all. I'll be making this for Parker (and myself!) again soon.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) said...

Oh I love your mini pizza idea! I'll definitely be using this in the future.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

Yummy! That pizza is a great idea. We're big fans of frozen veggies too.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We so similar things but with english muffins. I always make them for myself as well!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah M. said...

I LOVE this idea! Liam gets so bored with leftover chicken too. I think he will be much more interested in it when it's on a pizza like this. We love making flatbread pizzas around here but I never thought of doing this. Thanks!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home