Friday, July 21, 2006

Wedding Mania continues for my family...

So, yes, I HAVE been experiencing a little of that bridal withdrawal I heard so much about. No longer the center of attention, no longer an event to plan :) ha! I guess I'll have to channel it into another wedding since...

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude did not even wait a week after our nuptuals to pop the question to my lil sis. Way to exercise some restraint, there, bud! Or else I woulda gone all Thunder Being Stolen!!! a la Monica. We knew he was planning to ask her in the next few months, but we didn't expect it so soon. He actually proposed like the day before we went on our honeymoon. I didn't find out until after we were safely in Australia (loooong day of flights as you know). They were in Vegas, visiting his grandmother and staying at the Bellagio, natch.

But bless my family's heart (as we southerners say) because mom and dad have another wedding next July! No rest for the weary! Ha! I am pleased to report that I am the matron of honor, and have readily been dishing out advice and planning tips, as well as vendor recommendations. It kinda sucks to be so far away from her now (I used to be just an hour) and I'll miss a lot of the appointments and stuff.

But, a big congratulations to my gorgeous sister and her new fiance! He is a stand-up guy, and gets Jay's and my approval.

4 Comments:

Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

congrats to your sister!!!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congrats to your sister! (The post-wedding withdrawal is a little crappy isn't it?) :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

Congrats to your baby sis!!! Wow.. your poor parents!!

Hope you post some more wedding pics soon!! Cant't wait to see them!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Awwww, congrats to you sister, that is sooooo exciting!!! )

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home