Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Toddler Meals


I’m really enjoying Munchkin Meals. It’s inspired me to be a little more creative in the kitchen. On that note, I am excited about the focus on breakfast this week, because I feel like we’re in a rut for that particular meal.

Most mornings, Parker has an organic waffle (Nature’s Path, Kashi) with a touch of butter or syrup or pancakes (Trader Joe's Homestyle Pancakes or Van’s organic), with fruit – berries, pears, peaches, bananas, etc. So to mix things up a bit this week, I made Parker (and mama & daddy!) some banana blueberry muffins! They were a hit – moist and full of banana goodness! I gave him one muffin with some fruit and a YoBaby yogurt. It’s safe to say I’ll be making these again. A couple notes about the recipe: I only had two ripe bananas, so per one of the suggestions I substituted ¼ cup (unsweetened) applesauce. I also had enough batter to make 16 muffins (not 12) and they we’re perfectly done in my oven in 16 minutes. I look forward to seeing what everyone cooks up this week! I've been logging what Parker eats on Instagram and Twitter, hashtag #toddlermeals



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home