Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Toddler Meals

Hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! We hosted my parents (and later, my in-laws) for a cookout - hamburgers and hot dogs. And every single piece was eaten - nothing leftover for the baby! It's okay - he had plenty.


I didn't mention this last week, but I'm still breastfeeding Parker twice a day - when he wakes up and when he goes to sleep. So around 7:30 or so he nurses, then has breakfast around 9:00. 


Breakfast
















Parker (14 months as of yesterday!) had plums, blackberries and pancakes (with a bit of butter/cinnamon). Milk and water to follow.


Fruit + pancakes or whole grain waffle (yogurt, too) is a pretty typical for him. I'm looking for ideas to mix it up a little. 


Lunch
Parker had a bit of a different lunch - usually he gets something like this for dinner. I made him Pasta Primavera, basically: Whole wheat pasta, marinara sauce, and vegetables. 


I do make sure he gets complex carbs throughout the day because he is only 40th percentile for weight and he's walking EVERYWHERE now. However, it's not typical for him to have pasta twice in a day - mama was a little harried today. He normally has eggs or a "sandwich" of sorts.







Dinner


I actually hauled out the "nice" camera for dinner! I wanted to make use of a big eggplant I bought, and one of the girls in my online mom's group suggested baking eggplant "fries". I used this recipe - they were quick to make & turned out great. Parker loved them! There aren't many in the picture because he ate all of them first! He is getting pickier about new foods, so that's saying something. Marinara sauce (with leftover pasta) was the perfect accompaniment. He also had most of a peach for dessert. 


I added some gratuitous pictures of my baby because he's just so beautiful ;) 


As I mentioned last week, I've been sharing what Parker eats through Twitter and Instagram - hashtag #toddlermeals - so feel free to follow!



























1 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly@Runmarun said...

Very cool that you are still nursing- I hope to be doing the same for awhile. Looks like some delicious meals!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home