Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Toddler Meals

Hi! I'm Emily. Please ignore the dust on this blog, it was started during our engagement to share all of our (and by our, I mean MY) planning and ideas, and eventually, our honeymoon to Australia. It hasn't been visited in about six years. 

I think I'm going to start blogging again on a new platform. This time, writing about parenting and our life with a busy almost-14 month old. A ground-breaking topic, I realize. ;) I'm using Brittany's Munchkin Meals link-up to test the waters - after all, I've been sharing what Parker eats for a few months now on Instagram and Twitter, hashtag #toddlermeals. Without further ado - here's what Parker is eating these days. 

Breakfast

Blueberries, cherries, and an organic flax waffle (Nature's Path) with a bit of butter

Parker loves fruit, and can put away a ton of it. He usually has cheerios or puffs while I'm preparing his food. Breakfast is the most successful meal of the day for him - he always eats a very good one. (As he gets older, lunch and dinner have ebbs and flows on the amount he'll eat). After he's done, he drinks 2-3 oz of cow's milk - and will continue to drink it until nap time. Water, too. 

Lunch



Omelet with cheddar cheese and red peppers, carrots, asparagus. Roll with butter and watermelon (not pictured) for dessert.

Eggs are probably tied with blueberries for Parker's favorite food. He typically eats them for lunch or dinner, not breakfast, 3x a week. I usually make an omelet in a coffee cup (1 egg, 1 TBL milk, cheese + veg - microwave for 1:00). 

Omelets are a great way for me to sneak in a veggie like spinach or broccoli, since he has started to turn up his nose a bit at veggies here and there (breaks my heart; he has always been a fantastic eater. Welcome to the toddler years). In an omelet, he wolfs down the veggies. Cow's milk and water with this meal, too. 


Snack




Only recently did Parker start having snacks, and even now it's not every day. Until he was one, he was still nursing 4x a day between meals, so I didn't think it was necessary. He never seemed to be hungry between meals. Now, depending on the size of the lunch he ate, he'll have some string cheese or applesauce and the like around 3pm or so. Today, he had a handful of Annie's graham cracker bunnies (with cow's milk). 



Dinner




Parker had turkey taco meat leftover from mama and daddy's dinner last night, peas, and half a cheese quesadilla. He loves quesadillas, so I always introduce that after he's taken several bites of his protein and veggies. Parker was just so-so on tonight's meal - typical of him in his early toddler months - and so to make sure he got enough food, I gave him some grapes. Of course, he demolished those. 


So that's it! I hope to share more #toddlermeals in the future via a new blog. You can always follow me on Instagram or Twitter until then. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly@runmarun said...

What a cutie! It looks like your little guy is eating very well- thanks for sharing your creations! That is a really good idea to introduce veggies first and wait on the "good stuff".

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home