Thursday, June 01, 2006

So it's June!

I can't believe it's almost here! Well, actually I can. I am SO READY! I am at that point I hear other brides saying "I just want it to be here." I am so sorry I haven't blogged lately, it just seems that every spare minute is spent packing or doing wedding stuff. My little 6:30-11pm time after work seems to go by so fast these days. And I am one big stress ball!!!

We have been taking care of lots of little details on this end, including:

--Ordered and received non-hideous guestbook. Actually, it's pretty cool. Chocolate silk-covered. Crane paper, sewn and not glued binding.

--Delivered/sent everyone their bridesmaids dresses

--Someone is making the blue sashes for the bridesmaids dresses

--Ordered and received bridesmaids gifts

--Booked honeymoon night stay!

--Had my bridal portrait done, and we got the proofs back Friday. They are fantastic! I was really pleased with how they turned out. Can't wait to share!

--Received paper for program covers! 500 sheets for 25 bucks! Yeah, I’ll have a ton left over, but can you say: scrapbooking paper?! It’s just the perfect shade of espresso I wanted! Had a fantastic experience with that site. Now I just have to concieve the most efficient way to cut and assemble all the programs, mostly with Kinko's help. Finished the wording of the wedding programs--now J will work his graphic design magic and convert to a clean PDF to take to the printers.

--Emailing all our vendors with important reminders, information, and a rough timeline to most of our vendors--still working on that.

--Bought the rest of our napkins for the reception. I was holding out for dark brown napkins (to go with our pretty blue napkins), but I'd have to order them online and time is so much of a crunch that I let it go. That's a major achievement when I let it go. :)

Still sooooooooooo much to do. Lots of packing left for me, which I have to have done by Saturday. That's when Jay and our friend arrive with a moving truck. I am outta my apt for good June 11!

Say some prayers for us, if you would! We are all stressed and could use some peace :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Em! You definitely have a lot going on! It sounds like everything is coming together though! I can totally relate to being stressed out AND moving! We're headed back to Nashville in a few months!! We're crazy I know, but we're excited!! Talk to you soon!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried posting yesterday with no such luck, but anywhoo! :) sounds like you are just keepin' busy, busy & things are gonna be beautiful!!! i am thinking about you guys..you'll be fine & your day is gonna be perfect!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely keeping you in my prayers. i'm sure everything will run super smoothly with you at the helm. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Lots of stuff crossed off the list, but sounds like there is still a lot to do. It'll go by fast.. and GOOD LUCK with the move on Sunday!!! =)

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK, Emily!! You've got a ton on your plate right now, but if anybody can do it, you can!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear how everything goes and see pictures!!! Good luck with everything! :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

one week, Emily, one week!!! So excited for you!!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home