Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Newlywed Bliss

I have tried to start this entry a few times--I am just overwhelmed with the many wonderful moments and experiences of our wedding weekend. I'll have to tell the story in pieces over the next few weeks (which I am sure you won't mind!). We leave for our honeymoon this Saturday--I am still blown away by the opportunity to take a honeymoon. I say this with complete sincerity: the rehearsal dinner, the party, the ceremony, the reception--it was all enough. A honeymoon is the best icing on the cake. I hope that I'll be able to share pictures and commentary from the trip since we'll have Jay's laptop. Hope that will work out!

I had such high standards for the wedding day. I was so excited, with such high hopes. And for whatever reason, God decide to indulge me, us, and our expectations--blessing us so many times the entire weekend. It was near-perfect, seriously. I am so grateful and blissful and blessed.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll share the highlights ASAP with some candid shots. Our wedding pictures probably won't be available for at least 3 weeks--they took mostly b/w film.

For now, I'll share our wedding ceremony via our program...everything is there except the bridal party pages, which follow the cover below. Exterior shots to come. Thank you for all of the well-wishes! I am soooooo thrilled to be a Mrs!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH-I have chills reading about your first date and that the same game was happening on your big day!
I can't WAIT to see pics!!!! :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

WOO-HOO!! Mrs. Sutton, that sounds so nice and sophisticated and southern - like a romance name for a novel I can write, haha!! =)
SO glad everything went well, I can't wait see and hear all the details!!! YAY for Australia - I bet it will be AMAAAZING!!! =)

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congrats, Emily! I can't wait to see photos.

8:38 PM  
Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh emily i am so so so so so so HAPPY for you!!!!

and my goodness what an awesome twist of fate that the sox and the braves were playing each other on saturday!!!

i was thinking of you on saturday and wondering how everything was going... i'm so glad it was everything you wished for!

~*~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~*~

8:49 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Soooooo awesome, Emily!!!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAAY! I've been waiting for this post!!! Congratulations! So so so very happy for you and just can't WAIT to see the pictures! Isn't it totally overwhelming trying to share the story with everyone? It's just impossible to share it all at one time! I'm eagerly awaiting the posts about the wedding! And I hope your honeymoon is absolutely fabulous!

9:47 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

Congratulations!!! (and I LOVE that you used a reading from Anne!)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

this is awesome, emily! i've been out of town so much lately, that i'm just now getting caught up on all your wedding excitement!! it's gonna take me a long time to catch up 'cuz i've missed SO much!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!! so thrilled for you, em! :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home