|
Various thoughts....
- Trying to decide if I want to do Christmas card/Photo Save the Date cards. Ya know, the photo cards from Costco that everyone sends out, but put "Save the Date 6.17.06" and Happy Holidays or something. Then part of me says, will that ruin the special-ness of J & I sending out "Our First Christmas" cards. I will never in my life make Christmas cards, I can very nearly assure you. People don't appreciate them. Except maybe my mom and dad.

- I very nearly despise the term "DH" (aka "Dear Husband"). If you ever hear or see me use that term, tell me it's against my principles. I don't quite know why, maybe it's the cheese factor. Hope I haven't offended anyone--I know a few of you use that term, and don't tiptoe around me for doing so. To each her own :)
- I don't know what I am going to do about a wedding dress. The one I love most is too expensive. I called around various bridal salons to see if they'd sell me their sample, and they said no. Can I just say that I dislike 80% of the wedding dresses I see in salons, think 10% of them are "ok", like 5% of them a lot, and love only about 5%. Add to this my extreme indecisiveness. So more wedding dress shopping on the horizon for me.
- TheKnot.com messageboards rock! Many of the women have bios on there was the coolest reception, favor, flower, etc ideas. These women have created Excel templates to track RSVPs, Word templates to create DIY invitations and wedding programs, etc. And they share all of this with everyone. Plus, they do vendor reviews following their wedding on the individual state messageboards so you can see how they liked certain photographers, caterers, etc.
6 Comments:
Ya know Emily, I didn't think I'd ever do the DH thing, but man, is it convenient! Watch out, you'll be doing it too! lol!
tee hee. i just go with MIKEY... cuz mikey is only 3 letters longer than dh... ;)
xo,
g
Jay is only one letter longer ;) ;)
ha ha ha.
exactly....
;)
so you can just say, my jay... perfect!!
I HATE the DH, DD, DS thing. Like its so hard to type out the actual word. I don't know why, it just creeps me out. Why couldn't it just be "my H"? hehe
glad you found a board of women to help you with all this- super cool!
watch out - those Knot ladies can be crazier than the NSBR women at 2peas!
But really...I found the internet such a wealth of resources when I was planning our wedding!
Post a Comment
<< Home