Planning
Disclaimer: By reading this blog you hearby swear not to release any details/ideas/favors/cake ideas to any other woman/man/friend/cousin/female dog. I'm trying to keep my wedding as unique as possible, and I don't care if you live in Alaska or Delaware, I don't want anybody taking my ideas. Even if my ideas are inspired from magazines. :) Thank you for indulging my paranoia :)
ETA: The date is June 17, 2006 (five years to the day of our first date) ;)
What I've done (and by "I" I mean me and/or my fantastic mother):
*Booked the church
*Booked the reception hall
*Booked the florist
*Booked the caterer
We still have miles to go, of course, because I haven't discussed my ideas and preferences with those folks yet.
What should be done this weekend:
(I have the cutest agenda typed up, you don't even know. J's parents are coming into town)
*Book the rehearsal dinner location (pending J's parents approval)
*Book the post-rehearsal dinner party location (the coolest boathouse on the water, glass-paned doors overlooking the water, plenty of space for dancing inside, a little kitchen. It is so rustic and warm and nice)
*Show J's parents the hotel where we'll block rooms, visit my church, discuss guest list.
What should be done by October 31:
*Book the photographer. Having serious stress issues about this, because our weekends are so jam-packed. I have seen four (1 we really like) photogs and have 2 more to see out-of-town. We really need to get this done because the best ones are going fast.
What should be done by November 15:
*Buy my dress. I have been to one dress shop, going to 2 or 3 more next weekend in Raleigh, then need to go check out the Brides Against Breast Cancer Tour of Gowns before making a final decision.
The photographer and wedding gown issues will probably have their own, more specific, posts :)
Musings:
You know how people have carving stations or the like at wedding receptions? It is so wrong that I want a Panera Bread Station at the reception? Any type of fresh-baked bread you want: Sourdough, Tomato Basil, French, Honey Wheat... Since I won't have a lot of time to eat at the reception (sniggers: I will eat, don't you worry), perhaps I should just have an IV started on the way to the reception of pure Panera breadification. Liquid bread love, if you will. Hey, my sister is an RN, she could do it!


8 Comments:
you're so cute emily! go you for already having so much complete! for those of us that do not know...*ahem..me!*...will you please post your wedding DATE? :)
you laugh about the bread. .our reception hall OFFERED something like that. . we had it. .. i didn't get to see (or eat) it of course but it was SO cool.. (i've heard :) )
The place for the reception looks gorgeous! Be sure to include Asiago bagels in your Panera station :)
A bread station....classic!!! You are so fun!
Emily- I'm a photojournalist and I've photographed some weddings. Some advice...get the CD with all the digital images...years from now you'll want re-prints. I know I'm bummed out that I can't get re-prints of Brian and I walking down the aisle as husband and wife (I LOVE THAT PHOTO). I only have an 8x10 pasted down in our wedding album (so I can't scan it) and one 4x6 of it that was a proof- I have it framed. Unfortunately my wedding photographer ditches his negatives after 5 years. And well...the first 5 years I didn't think to order more re-prints.
Another reason to get the CD- the couples I've photographed tell me that they make wedding CD copies for their family.
So happy for you!
-Kathleen
Emily- Did you happen to see the baseball party favors in the current issue of Martha Stewart Weddings? I saw the pages while browsing in the grocery store line and immediately thought of you. lol. Kathleen
Kathleen---I did see that in Martha Stewart weddings!!! And we ARE going to have baseball themed-touches at our reception; i'll be posting about it in the months to come :) Thanks for the photography tips also--some of the photogs have mentioned the CD option as well.
wow, emily!! you are on the ball, chica!! i'm super impressed by how prepared you already are. way to make lists!! =) gotta love a fellow list-maker! and that bread sounds delicious!
Post a Comment
<< Home