Monday, October 10, 2005

I Hear my Hometown Calling...

This weekend was a fun one. I got to show J’s parents my hometown, and it really allowed me to see it through refreshed eyes. I sometimes forget how special my hometown is, and how much history it has--ya know, because I was so busy trying to get out of it.

My hometown has some of the coolest turn of the century buildings still intact, 19th century houses, and such a picturesque down town area. Flowers. Brick. Storefronts. We did the walking tour around the main streets, and it was so enjoyable. Ya know, we visited “the” bookstore, “the” coffee shop, etc.

Another thing about getting married in a small town like mine—the people are nice. They know one another, a friend of a relative, an acquaintance from school. They really try to help you, not pull one over on you. We may run into problems here or there (inevitable) but the integrity of those involved is trustworthy.

Loved seeing the (probable) rehearsal dinner location. We met with the garden director, PhD., who was just awesome. So kind, so knowledgeable. The house has plenty of room for the dinner, and can seat up to 60 people. The garden grounds are just beautiful, and behind the house there are trails and a nice walkway for people who want to see the acres of lush greenery. (see below)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Still haven’t nailed down the post-rehearsal dinner party location. Going to check out the local college next, for possible banquet-type locations. That is the problem with small towns -- the selection is pretty limited for entertainment venues.

Will keep you posted!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

oooh that is gorgeous! That would be such a spectacular place to walk around and take pictures by!

Sounds like your wedding is going to be amazing!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

Holy Moly!!!! That would be the coolest place for photos afterthe wedding in your gown!!!! Dreamy!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

sounds like a great weekend, em!! and girl, that is so beautiful!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger kathleen4444 said...

Like the location!

I have a link for wedding photojournalists. You can search by state. There are links to the photographer's websites. You may have already chosen your photographer...but check it out- the photographs are amazing.

http://www.wpja.org/

take care,
Kathleen

7:51 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Kathleen--i love the WPJA website--it is how I found some of those I interviewed :) FAB work!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home